<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 15, 2003

|
After reading about my snowball, little sister Amy e-mailed me a picture of a snowman. Such fun they were. But while my heart is still in Chicago, the rest of my body is happy to be in Hawaii.

I had wondered whether there would be a holiday feel when the temperature outside is 80 degrees but the hotel atmosphere is quite festive. I will describe this with more passion in the days ahead.

"Brian," who is the head bartender/sommelier, seems to have accepted me into his fraternity of mixologists as I arrived with knowledge and enthusiasm even if lacking experience. But he likens my education to that of a doctor - lots of book learning but still having to develop a bedside manner. This analogy struck me as more than a little over the top but he's clearly well-intentioned about providing TLC to the bar's patrons.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?