<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

|
Indulging the mind

My visit to the book store was successful. I found "Carrie Pilby" and from the sale table, selected "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons" by Lorna Landvik. I'm proud of myself as I stayed within my standard of keeping the "impulse buy" portion of the expenditure at under 50%. I make every effort to adhere to this rule, whether shopping for food, clothes, books or CD's.

I will, of course, offer my opinion on each of these novels but not until I have finished them.

If there's such a thing as an Auld Lang Syne syndrome, it may have struck me but I'll get through it. I have a cute apartment but my only companions - anthropomorphic at that - are my bunny slippers and my snowball. The bar has become more my home-away-from home than the apartment, thanks to Brian and a nice group of waitpersons. For a couple of them, they may have a place where they sleep but home is the bar and co-workers are their only family.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?