<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 28, 2003

|
Lost in Cyberspace

As is probably the case with anyone who would happen to be reading this (other than maybe two people who know me personally), I read a number of daily blogs. This morning as I was reading, I found myself thinking about this community that is forming here in cyberspace. (Thank you, Mr. Gibson, for adding that word to the language.)

Does it feel like a community to anyone else, or is that just me? Maybe my need to feel connected is affecting my perception.

I was on the fringes of a discussion last night at the bar about how age affects a person’s enjoyment of the holidays. They were discussing the question of the age at which our feelings on January 2nd change from Post-Holiday-Letdown to Sigh-of-Relief. I’m thinking it might be less a question of chronological age than of circumstances.

I have always loved the holidays, and since my responsibilities are limited, I can continue to enjoy them without the hectic pace that some people experience. I realize that some people, especially if they are alone, suffer depression at this time of year, but despite being alone, that has not been a problem for me. Not that it wouldn’t be nice to have someone to share life with, but there’s something to be said for independence.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?