<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

|
Yes, Virginia, there is a Frosty the Snowman

I printed the pic Amy sent and, held in place by a pineapple magnet, it adorns my refrigerator. To its left is my return plane ticket. While I'm philosophically here to stay, a nice airline clerk clued me in that it would be cheaper to buy a round trip ticket than a one-way. I've been told Hawaii is trying to discourage immigration though illogical air fares won't do it.

It can be reported that the skies are not sunny all day, every day. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Because my exposure to Hawaii has always been via travel brochures, it had never occurred to me that such could happen but the lush forests don't stay green sucking salt water from the Pacific. Yes, I suppose there could be giant aquifers under the island. But it's still supposed to rain.

I'm not quite at the point where tending bar is fun but the martinis get a little dryer each day.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?