<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 17, 2004

|
BOO WHO?

Maybe it was further nudged along by chatter at the bar last night complimentary of 14-year old golf phenom Michelle Wie but a realization has strengthened that my 15-minute walks to and from work are not adequate exercise amid Grand Slam breakfasts, take-out pot pourri, and a variety of snacks. Suspicious minds may believe I was looking for excuses to join a man-infested health club but I also placed Jazzercise and a home treadmill on my list of options. Ultimately, knowing that criticism would rain down on me for choosing an indoor activity of any type, I have put cycling atop my list. Any suggestions for keeping myself motivated? Dangling a picture of Orlando Bloom out in front might create a traffic hazard.

I’m still trying to figure out whether I have a neighbor at all in the apartment next to mine. With my late shift, I don’t usually see ordinary comings and goings, and I don’t recall ever seeing either from that apartment. Should I sniff around for foul odors emanating from there? A couple of times, in the wee hours of the morning, I thought I heard stirring around but never sure if it is in my dreams or just a random street sound. If I start finding things in the tree, I’ll know I live next door to Boo Radley.

Note on comments re: 9/11. While Amanda and I did not have the immediacy that Val had to endure, united we stand.

Also want to acknowledge comments from Sammerkona. (Do you have a nickname?) I appreciate your musical perspective. Norah Jones is definitely on my list, as well.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?