<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

|
E-MAIL BAG

I finished "Carrie Pilby" today but will organize my thoughts before setting forth my review. Snow-loving or not, Ms. Lissner can write!

With a night off and a little time while my chicken parmigiana bakes, I will finally answer a few questions family and friends have asked:


ARE YOU A BARMAID? Technically, I would be a barmaiden. But according to Webster, yes. I am also, by that source, a "taptress" - not to be confused with "temptress" (sigh).

WHAT IS A STEADICAM? - In simple terms, it is an apparatus which allows a motion picture or video camera to float. Anyone interested in this technical side of movie making can check out these two pioneers: Garrett Brown and the late Ted Churchill

WERE YOU INFLUENCED BY THE TOM CRUISE MOVIE, "COCKTAIL," TO BECOME A BARTENDER? Only in the sense of not wanting to work at a place like that. Maybe a couple of other movies were positive influences, sort of subconsciously - I'll have to think about it.

WHY HAWAII - ASIDE FROM THE OBVIOUS? When the "we appreciate your interest but ..." letters detoured me from jumping into a photo-journalism career, I thought what the heck - why not create my own adventures? I decided to spin the family globe and let chance take me where it would, as spinning a roulette wheel. When my finger landed on places like Port Said and the Steppes of Central Asia, I realized that rational randomness was called for. Hawaii met that criteria.

WITH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERTISE AND ALL THE CELEBRITIES IN HAWAII, WHY DON'T YOU BECOME A PAPARAZZI? Yuck. Before I do that, I'll get a job as a telemarketer or become a hooker. [Just kidding, Mom; I'll never become a telemarketer.] But to the friend who made the suggestion, go here and play Spot the Stars.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?