<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

|
HAWAIIAN EAR

Some of the banter at the bar was about the Golden Globe Awards. I didn't bother to tape as I can't abide all the fawning and preening but I am interested in who won and, thanks to good words from Val and a couple of follow-up comments, I will make a determined effort to see Lost in Translation.

I try to be reasonably up on current events and culture as part of my bartender duties and I even know who's playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday. And I have learned to be an attentive listener when a topic is out of my realm. The discussion went to TV shows set in Hawaii and, of course, "Magnum" and "Hawaii 5-0" came up. One guest - I'd call him upper middle-aged - brought up a show called "Hawaiian Eye," which he said was a detective series set at a Waikiki hotel and apparently aired circa 1960. The only person he mentioned whom I'd heard of was Robert Conrad but apparently the show ran for several years and in its time, a hit. So much I don't know.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?