<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

|
THE HONEYMOONERS

I hung out my official Bartender/Marriage Counselor shingle last night. I didn’t hear much of the argument, but I heard the husband’s angry “Fine.” just before he stomped out, then was elected to approach the sobbing wife to see if she needed anything. As far as I could discern, he had made a comment about her ordering ice cream with her pie, and she seemed to take it that they were headed for divorce because she had gained a couple pounds.

If you hadn’t guessed by now, I don’t have a great deal of experience in the relationship department, but I did my best to comfort the young bride. I assured her that he was a dumb-ass (not my exact description to her), but probably was just teasing her. I bought her a drink and told her she should move up to the bar and just hang out until her husband got worried and came back looking for her.

Despite my inexperience with men, I get all the humorous emails that make the rounds, and this reminded me of one I saw called “Men’s Rules”. One of the few rules I remember was something like: “If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.”

I have the night off, so I'm going to hang around here and write more comments. And by the way, how come nobody has commented on my new Quote feature?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?