<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

|
ONE FOR THE AGES

Okay - who of you out there tried to post an x-rated comment on somebody's blog and blew out everybody's Comment section?

As Brian alerted me, a number of first-time visitors reference a movie or TV show as their prior connection to Hawaii and one such is Magnum P.I. Thanks to the miracle of re-runs, I know what they mean but my main knowledge of Tom Selleck comes from his guest appearances on "Friends," as Monica's boyfriend (?) suitor (?). Though they are - I think surprisingly - only 19 years apart in real time (he was born in 1945; she in 1964), I thought the implication was a greater variance. I know true love can overcome a range like this - Catherine Zeta-Jone and Michael Douglas seem very happy even with 25 years difference - but I wonder if "Friends" fans had a problem with Monica becoming involved with an older man. Would you or I be comfortable? Is friendship with or dating a Harrison Ford okay but would we draw the line at a marital commitment?

No - I'm not eyeing Steady Patron Brad; he's married.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?