<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 02, 2004

|
REFLECTIONS IN A JAUNDICED EYE

The more I've thought about it, the more I believe that Amanda has come up with a wonderful idea: instead of setting forth our own New Year's resolutions, we should submit ourselves to friends and family and let them create our resolutions for us. What better way to discover any little flaws in our person or personalities that we possess but don't really see? Amanda may have revolutionized this whole annual exercise and in so doing, will make the world a better place.

A nice elderly couple was seated at the bar waiting for their table and asked if I was going to see Don Ho. "Dawn who?" I ask. Don Ho, they explained, is the Wayne Newton of Hawaii, and has been performing for 40 years. That I understood. My folks had gone to Vegas for their 25th anniversary a couple of years ago and brought back a program from Newton's show. They also got his Greatest Hits CD so the household was treated to musical reprisals of Wayne's world for several weeks.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?