<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 18, 2004

|
WHAT KIND OF BOND GIRL ARE YOU?

In checking the AMC website for old movies, I encountered the above-captioned quiz (scroll down the AMC homepage for it). While it is offensively sexist, you may wish to add it to your portfolio of quizzes on self-awareness. Or you may not.

WORKING OUT

Both Muck Dog and Sam have provided good advice about my exercise campaign. A pedometer would indeed provide visual evidence of one's foot-power achievements. And it wasn't until Sam brought it to my attention but the road to quiet Honolulu 'burbs is paved with fast-moving vehicles and jaywalkers.

DEFINING MOMENTS

Since reading "Carrie Pilby," I have followed her creator's blog with particular interest and thoroughly enjoy her remarks on writing. She recently noted "Sometimes coming up with a single line or character trait near the beginning of your novel improves it drastically." I don't know if Carrie had such a factor and would not presume to cite it if I thought she did. But it is an interesting point to keep in mind. Anyone have any examples?

BREAKS IN THE ACTION

Looks like my "week-end" will be taken in non-successive days. But that's okay - I will just have to make sure whatever the schedule is that I use my off time productively.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?