<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 15, 2004

|
COFFEE WITH CREAM AND CROSSWORDS

Got ready to start the day and realized I had forgotten to pick up half & half. For a fleeting instant I considered using the skim milk I have for cereal but an involuntary retch convinced me to head down to the nearest coffee shop. While standing at the counter getting a large to-go, I heard my name called. It was Beryl, seated at a table with coffee, a corn muffin, and working on a crossword puzzle. She invited me to join her which I happily did.

A lot of older people who live alone probably love an opportunity to talk, and Beryl is no exception. But she is really interesting, and a whiz at crossword puzzles. (She uses a PEN!)

She said she is there most mornings and I’m welcome to join her whenever I have time. I’m going to take her up on that so I can hear more of her stories about China.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?