<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004

|
DAYS OF WINE AND PHYLLO

I know wine basics pretty well but always defer to Brian when a diner is looking for a recommendation. Last night I told him I was going to a Greek dinner and said I wanted to take an appropriate wine but did not know what the main course would be. He said as lamb is common, my best bet would be a pinot noir. I picked the best bottle I could afford. I'm really excited about dinner tonight.

Now that I am used to working nights, I should plan my meals better than the hit-or-miss variety I've been doing for 3 months. Cooking for one is not easy but on the other hand, nobody will complain. Mom used to encourage Amy and me to cook with the old saw that "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." By my junior year in high school, I figured out that men had an appetite stronger than food.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?