<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 06, 2004

|
DINNER FOR 6

Joan is a terrific hostess as well as a good cook. I won’t embarrass myself by trying to tell you the names of the food she served, but it was all so good, from the little nibbler goodies to the spicy cake with walnuts. In between she served the best stew I’ve ever tasted, and some spinach and cheese pastry things, made with the phyllo dough. (She promised to introduce me to baklava another time.) Hey, what about those weird olives? At first taste, you sort of wonder if they’ve gone rancid, but they grow on you, don’t they?

There were six of us, counting Joan. Kelly is a pretty young woman who works with Joan. She is married to a gorgeous guy named Kas (I think). I hate to generalize, but have you noticed how good-looking the Polynesians are?

The other two guests were not there together. There was another attractive man, about my dad’s age, named Carl. And an older woman named Beryl. She is retired and lives in my neighborhood. I’m not quite sure what it is that she is retired from, but from the conversation, I gather that she has lived all over the world. I hope I get a chance to talk to her again.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?