<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 12, 2004

|
HALLMARK MOMENTS

Hallmark and its distributors and retailers are trying to make a living just like the rest of us but greeting cards sure are expensive. Fortunately, as I have no romantic Significant Other, it is not a burden he or I encounter as V-Day approaches.

When I was in 7th grade, RD sat across the aisle from me in math class, and I had a major crush on him. He was so cute and funny and he made me feel good when he talked to me. For Valentine’s Day, I decided to make a card for RD. I used a sheet of pink stationery with scalloped edges from my Mom’s desk and some red foil Christmas paper that I had saved because it was too pretty to throw away. And stickers! Lots of stickers!

It was a work of art and I even wrote a dumb poem, but I was afraid to sign my name, so I just slipped it onto his desk before he got to class. And what do you think happened?

RD thought it was from Kelli K, and the little brat let him think he was right. He turned all red, but you could tell he liked it. I’ve always wondered what would have happened if I had told him I made it for him.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?