<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 28, 2004

|
A SATURDAY FOR THINKING

I've just finished reading The Blog of Wes after linking to it from the blog of Wendy. Whew. I don't feel equipped to expound on the theme, but will only suggest that if you haven't read them, you should.

I once overheard my mother describe me as "color-blind" to one of her co-workers. She said she didn't know what she had done right, but that she had raised a child who seemed to be completely color-blind. I was 12 or 13 at the time, and although I did discern that they were talking about "race", I honestly wasn't sure what she meant by that description of me.

Reading Wes's recent blog entries has brought home to me the complexity - and simplicity - of the whole issue. In my heart, I wish this issue would fade away from the earth. Living in Hawaii has made me aware of the cultural identity of the people native to these islands. This is very different from what Wes is talking about (if I understand him), because in this case it really IS a CULTURAL difference.

Anyway, please read Wes and Wendy's blogs and think about them.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?