<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 01, 2004

|
SUPER SUNDAY

Caren has made a Super Bowl prediction but notes it is subject to revision, depending on the final outcome. Leave it to an author to invoke the right to edit.

My brother asked me to post his prediction for posterity on this blog. It's not happening. I don't want him gloating if he's correct or myself suffering dumbness by association if he's wrong.

By Tuesday morning, this will have been a long three days. Last night, everybody at the bar was an expert dissecting who would win and how. Fortunately, each was so supremely confident in his analysis that it was good-natured. But enough is enough.

I can tolerate the 3 hours of the game and thanks to the time difference, I will not have to endure the 4-hour pre-game show. But we'll have the Monday morning quarterbacks at it on Sunday night (offsetting the benefit of the afternoon time difference) and the by-then sotted patrons will review why (a) they were right in selecting the winner or (b) they did not select the winner but their analysis was right and if it hadn't been for bad play-calling, dropped passes, interceptions... Which will all be repeated by a different group on Monday night, after which we can put away the guacamole bowl.

I just hope we have many more patrons who select the winner for I predict happiness will be reflected in their tips.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?