<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 23, 2004

|
VISIONS OF VALLI AND VIVALDI

I received an e-mail from Amy, to the effect that while Winter is still pretty well entrenched on much of the mainland (contiguous 48 to the geographically-challenged), an occasional day of moderating temperatures hints that Spring is just down the road and around a corner or two.

She asked if I missed the change of seasons. So far, I have not. Unquestionably, as with most of life, individual feelings on the subject would vary. Many people would never miss the color of Autumn foliage, or fresh-fallen snow or crocuses and daffodils making their way through a Winter frost. And to be sure, some idyllic moments from October to April would be outweighed by having to shovel snow, pay high heating bills, and suffer general discomfort.

So, Amy, I really don't know.

I had coffee with Beryl and told her I'd be going to Portland. If I knew it, I'd forgotten but she says Portland also has wonderful Chinese gardens.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?