<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 07, 2004

|
THE BEST OF O'AHU

What a fun day! K doesn’t have a car, but he borrowed one from a friend and picked me up at about 8:00 (yawn) so we could get a jump on the day. He said he would let me sleep longer if I wanted, but what the heck? Besides, you already know I was too excited to sleep.

K’s “sightseeing tour” was definitely not the Polynesian Cultural Center and a luau. I still want to do those things, but it turns out K hasn’t done all of them himself. He grew up on this island, so he’s never been a tourist here. The good news is that he knows places that aren’t on the usual tours (not that I would know the difference).

I won’t bore you with every detail of our day. We hiked a trail through a kind of rain forest that smelled like heaven, and K told me stories and had me laughing the whole day. We ended up at a pool at the base of a little waterfall that just might be the prettiest place on the planet. He tucked a white flower into my hair. He even packed sandwiches for lunch.

I think I like this guy a lot. And I should learn more of the language. Aloha.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?