<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

|
RIME OF THE FUTURE MARINER

I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but I called Alan to thank him for sending Caren’s Starting from Square Two. It was fun to visit and catch up on all the news from the Home Front. I get emails from Amy, but I think she makes up about half the stuff she tells me, so I rely on Alan for the real scoop.

Worrying about Deb’s dad has given me a new appreciation for my folks, and I’m grateful that everyone’s well. My mom had a scare with her heart a couple years ago, but they cleared a blockage and it got her exercising regularly and she’s very healthy now.

Not much to report, except Amy’s in love again, and Alan is worried that this time it might be serious. She falls in love two or three times a year, and has since junior high, so it’s usually nothing to be alarmed about.

Talk at the bar last night was about the need for rain in Hawaii. It seems like a strange news story amid all the rich green plants and frequent showers but apparently the aquifers which provide the main source of fresh water for the islands are running low. Potable water is a concern in many places in the world and will obviously become a greater problem in the years ahead as populations and demand grow. I think we will all have to go live with Amanda and her 10,000 lakes.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?