<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 05, 2004

|
BERNICE BOBS HER HAIR

I always stay out of it but political discussions at the bar increase in number and intensity after a particularly harsh day of casualty reports from Iraq. It may be months or years before the invasion and occupation can be impartially judged by consensus as right or wrong but it is sad to realize that the lives many more families will be permanently changed for the worse in the meantime. And it's sure not good to be alienating the Shiites of Iraq - in that they form a majority of the population.

Tomorrow morning I will food shop for my dinner with K. Someone asked if I'm nervous about hosting and I'm honestly not. "Starting from Square Two," blogs by TAB, Caren, Amanda, Val, Lisa, Wendy, Blogette and associated comments have given me much to think about regarding relationships. I like K - and I say that not simply because he is the only man I have had a date with in many a moon (I don't count the boat ride with "I've got an extra ticket" Tom). We carry on intelligent conversations, laugh at the same humor, and have similar (simple) tastes in food. But he is a serious academician and I'm not a scholarly type. I don't envision a life partner whose interests in literature, hobbies, music and earthly pleasures align precisely with mine yet in my "study" of relationships, I see a need for a depth of compatability which I don't know if K and I have.

Or maybe I'm just trying to rationalize avoidance of feeling hurt if this doesn't work out.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?