<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

|
A CLEAN WELL-LIGHTED PLACE

You should all go to work for a bank so you can go through fingerprinting and drug testing. It can be quite entertaining. The drug testing was done at an Immediate Care clinic, so I had to wait my turn. It gave me an opportunity to observe a young woman riding herd on three small children. She couldn’t have been much older than I am, and I don’t know that all three children were hers, but it appeared to be the case. She had her hands full with an infant and twins who were walking, but still in diapers. We shared the waiting room with a rough-looking man in leathers, and one of the twins kept wandering over to stand in front of the man and stare at him, finally offering to share his bottle, which made Leather Man laugh.

For drug testing, they don’t let you carry anything into the restroom with you, presumably because you might try to substitute someone else’s urine for your own. I figured out that the real test is for humility, not drugs. How on earth does anyone maintain any sense of dignity while attempting to fill that little cup? Now you all have an amusing image in your heads of me peeing all over my fingers, don’t you? I’m so embarrassed; I might have to delete my blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?