<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

|

TENDERLOIN IS THE NIGHT


Twelve Marines reported killed in Iraq today. Reasonable minds may debate the legitimacy of this war but only an idiot President could be so naive and insensitive as to joke about his justification for starting it.

Yesterday I claimed that I’m not nervous about dinner tonight, which was only partly true. In general terms, I’m not concerned about impressing K with my culinary skills (or lack thereof) and I know better than to think that the future of our relationship hinges on this one event. But I do want dinner to be nice and to be honest I am hoping to pursue the relationship further, despite preparing myself for disappointment.

I went to the grocery store bright and early and found tenderloin (seasoned and with instructions on the package). The bakery had loaves of French bread that were still warm from the oven, so I bought one. I almost bought garlic stuff to mix with the butter, but remembered the kiss-factor, so I’ll just use plain butter. Bought little red potatoes and baby spinach for a salad, fresh fruit for dessert, and I always have ice cream in my freezer (right beside my snowball).

Wish me luck again.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?