<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 04, 2004

|
A TIME TO EVERY PURPOSE

In the course of my morning blog-hop, I read Tamara's lament about the shift to daylight savings time. She was pining for Arizona, where the time doesn't change. The time doesn't change in Hawaii, either. It seems fair that those of you who lose an hour of sleep on Sunday should gain it back at work on Monday.

While I was having my normal coffee with Beryl, I looked through the TV listings in the Sunday paper as she did the crossword puzzle and saw that "Fried Green Tomatoes" was on this morning. I asked Beryl if she was familiar with it and she raved about it and added a footnote that it was written by Fannie Flagg, who had been one of the shills on "Candid Camera" years ago. Anyway, I watched it. Wow. I know it's hardly news but in my opinion it was one compelling movie. The use of flashbacks, if done well, is an effective technique for telling a story. Besides, I like Jessica Tandy and Kathy Bates.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?