<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 15, 2004

|
BEHIND THE BAR AGAIN

Wendy suggested I should change the description of my blog to include my view from the bank. I'll consider it, but I think I'll decide whether that job is going to work out first. The bar is more fun and pays better.

K was celebrating finishing up a paper he has been working very hard on, and decided to surprise me by coming into the bar last night. It made me laugh when he laid his money on the bar as he sat down. I remember doing that in bars when I was in college, but it isn't common at the hotel bar where I work. He said I should surprise him with a drink, so I made him a Singapore Sling, in honor of his Asian studies. He loved it.

He invited me to join him at the Honolulu Academy of Arts tomorrow. I happen to know it's free the third Sunday of the month, but that's okay. He's a poor struggling student. And I'm thrifty by nature. He wanted to make sure I would be available and was going to make a reservation today. I'm looking forward to it.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?