<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 01, 2004

|
THE VILLAGE

K and I saw The Village Friday night, and I've been trying to decide what to say about it. I had very little information going into it. I read the synopsis on Fandango: "Set in Pennsylvania during 1897, the film revolves around a close-knit community that lives with the frightening knowledge that a mythical race of creatures resides in the woods around them." It listed the genre as Drama, Suspense/Horror.

That doesn't say much, so I didn't have a clear expectation, but even so, the movie was not what I expected. For the most part, I didn't find it terribly suspenseful and it seemed somewhat slow-moving, and there are some questions I have about how "the elders" pulled the whole thing off.

I'm not sure I can recommend the movie, and yet I kind of enjoyed it. Bryce Dallas Howard is very good in her role as Ivy, and is probably the main reason I liked it at all.

The big news in my world is that two friends from college will be here this week, and I'm going to take a few days off work to enjoy their visit. I'll share our adventures. I've been remiss lately.





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?