<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 17, 2004

|
A CHALLENGE TO US ALL

I've been thinking a lot about the comments of Aaron Austin (Really Is That So) in response to my comments on his blog. Here is the last comment I received from him:

"Don't give up yet on me, Ryan has got me thinking with his comments. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. I've rarely had my conservative views challenged in a reasonable way. It's causing me to take a closer look at what I believe. It also is pointing out to me my vast lack of experience and knowledge. I would like to be better at not lumping people and view together. I want to be able to see through the claims of liberals and conservatives alike. Ryan has made some very good points and we've emailed back and forth a little. I don't think I'm completely beyond hope. I hope we can continue to share insights with one another."

I believe most of the people who read my blog regularly (all six of you) have views that are not very far from my own, and if you have read my blog much, you know that I'm a liberal. If you read Aaron's blog, it won't take long to recognize his conservative views. But I am so impressed by his willingness to have his views challenged, that I hope we can argue with reason and open mindedness, and with respect for each other.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?