<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

|
IS THERE A DICK IN THE HOUSE?

Maybe I’m overly suspicious, but I think I spotted a private detective at the bar last night. I’ve seen this man in the bar before, maybe twice. His appearance isn’t especially distinguished, but he drinks Jack &Ginger and that’s how I remembered him.

There is some sort of convention at the hotel, and I noticed he showed up about the same time as some of the conventioneers the last two nights. At first, I thought he was with them, but he sat alone at a table and when I mixed his drink, I remembered that I’ve seen him before.

He kept watching a man and woman at a nearby table, although he was not rude about it. They looked to me to be flirting with each other, but I could be wrong. The man seemed self-assured and the woman appeared nervous. I probably would not have thought any further about it if the scene had not repeated itself last night.

Mr. Self-Assured and Ms. Nervous came in and sat down at a more private table this time, and within a few minutes, Mr. J&G came in and looked around. He chose a table near the couple and positioned himself so that he could watch surreptitiously and could probably hear them talking.

All right, so this doesn’t constitute proof, but I watched the watcher and saw him write some notes on a pad from his pocket, and he might have taken a picture, but that could be my overactive imagination. When the couple left, he finished his drink and left shortly afterward.
So what do you think?

.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?