<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 14, 2004

|
POWER OF IMAGES

CBS Sunday Morning had a piece today about Magnum Photos. In case you didn't know, or had forgotten, back before I devoted my life to mixology, I studied photojournalism.

There have been a number of photographs that influenced me to take up that particular field of study. Stuart Franklin's photo of the student in Tiananmen Square in 1989 is an example. And I am constantly impressed by the strength of a single still photograph to convey so much. Some of the photos taken on 9/11 in New York can still tear me up. The close-up photograph of the Marine in Fallujah taken by Susan Meiselas is currently getting a lot of attention.

Maybe someday I will use my training for something besides sending pictures home to Mom.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?