<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 13, 2004

|
BEST BROWNIES WITH FUDGE FROSTING

A gift from me to all of you on the anniversary of my very first blog. Yes, indeed. My first entry was written December 13, 2003.

I'm not much of a cook, but I know what I like and these are really good brownies. Give them a try and let me know what you think.

BROWNIES

Beat slightly 1 1/2 cup whole eggs (6-8) and 1 tsp vanilla. Gradually add 3 cups sugar, beat until thick, similar to cake batter.

Melt together 1 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 cup cocoa. Mix into egg and sugar mixture.

Add 2 cups flour and pinch of salt. Fold in 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired.

Bake in greased jelly roll pan (10 x 15) at 300 for 35-40 minutes.

Fudge Frosting

Mix in saucepan:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 cup milk
pinch of salt

Heat to boiling and simmer 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool.

Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 to 1 cup powdered sugar and beat well.

Spread over cooled brownies.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?